Thursday, October 10, 2013

Get your mammogram

What do these women have in common?
  • Kylie Minogue:
  • Olivia Newton John
  • Sheryl Crow
  • Elizabeth Edwards
  • Lynn Redgrave
  • Kathy Bates 
  • Cynthia Nixon
  • Diahann Carroll
  • Melissa Etheridge
  • Me
All but me are celebrities. We've all had breast cancer. Breast cancer is an equal opportunity disease. It does not ignore the rich, the poor, the successful, the unsuccessful, the happy, the unhappy.

I was lucky. Thanks to a free mammogram it was diagnosed early and the experience is covered in my blog http://breastisyettocome.blogspot.ch/
 


I was lucky also because the Geneva hospital (HUG--wonderful name for a hospital) had top notch experts.

Many women in the US can't afford mammograms, and there's an organization with corporate sponsors that contribute money toward free mammograms every time a person clicks on it. My housemate (also a survivor) and I click on it daily.  http://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/bcs/home Please consider on signing up so you'll get a daily reminder to click on it. A simple action can help save a woman's life.

I will admit I feel a bit angry that this life saving free or inexpensive free mammograms aren't available to every woman.

Here's a fun video with other breast cancer survivors.

And please, get your mammogram.








1 comment:

Rick Adams said...

Ah, but your are a celebrity to many ... and a role model.