Thursday, September 12, 2013

My housemate is wonderful

My housemate is wonderful for many reasons. Besides just being a great friend, she's also a great photographer. She's done the photos for several of my book covers. Another of her talents is making up books with photos and texts. I've received ones of our trip to Iceland and on our research trip to Insel Poel for my novel based there (March release date).

However, this morning when I saw my mail and there was a package with her name, I didn't open it. Naturally, right?  However, it was for me.

She'd done a book with photos and commentaries of our wedding week including the Syrian night on Christina's terrace, the wonderful lunch for family and family of choice at the wonderful restaurant Bartevelle www.restaurant-labartavelle.fr/, setting up the hall, the ceremony itself, guests, the many, many people I love, who were there and the beautiful and tasty food. It was the later that I'd really regretted not having photos of.

Here's a few sample pages. Caution--don't look at two of the photos if you're hungry.








afsa

1 comment:

Susan Koster said...

How fortunate you are to have such a wonderful friend/"chosen family". (I love your term).

I wish you the very best...and, yes, the food was beautiful!

oxoxo