Friday, July 05, 2013

Early morning entertainment


I was enjoying my last minutes in bed before starting the day--my ultimate luxury is reading before getting up and I still relish NOT rushing to catch the bus to work. I had a Joanne Harris book with a graphic of a chess king or a pawn marking the start of each chapter and identifying which narrator was speaking and had been transported to the dusty old English boarding school.

Rick rushed in. "There's a crane taking a plate of glass out of a neighbour's house." I left the boarding school and returned to Corsier in seconds.

The crane had blocked my housemate's gate so she could not head up to the village for her morning coffee, but since she loves taking photos as does Rick, the two of them clicked away as did I.

Watching it dawned on me, that the glass exchange probably cost my neighbour more than I earn in a year.

They were getting ready to move out.





But dropped it because pieces are easy to transport, or so they said. Sounds like an excuse to me.

 


Probably before today is over both J and R will have blogged this with better photos than the ones above. Check them out if you wish (they are fun blogs anyway): 
  • http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.ch/
  • http://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.fr/
I asked my housemate what entertainment she'd planned for tomorrow. I doubt if she can top this. I doubt that she will try.

No comments: