Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Staying young looking







How do women stay looking young? Lots of creams  (which my dermatologist says are a complete waste of money), sometimes surgery, and things like Botox.

I've been told I don't look my age (or act it either). I've always questioned what looking one's age was. So often in books it's written "She didn't look 40."

So what does 40 look like? 

At a high school reunion at about age 40 my classmates, all born within a year of one another, looked as if there were a ten-year age spread.

I've found the secret to looking young.

Pimples--although somehow it doesn't seem quite fair to have both wrinkles and pimples.

I was plagued with bad skin as teenager and as an adult. Pregnancy cured it, but that wasn't a long term solution since I didn't want tons of children to keep my skin smooth.

Then I stopped eating oranges and the pimples went away.

Unfortunately other fruit I love causes my skin to break out.

Thus when I want to appear younger, a good fruit salad will do the trick.

And to get rid of them? Again all the anti-pimple creams never really worked other than to put a whole in my wallet.

My former colleague told me her secret...toothpaste. 

Now I can eat strawberries or an orange, breakout and use some of my Crest original formula and change decades in my appearance.








1 comment:

R-M said...

Then you'll love Dame Judi at the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel premier on the subject.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16943076