Friday, June 14, 2013

Dumb, dumb, dumb





I had a beautiful ceramic, softly coloured butterfly shaped key ring. All my keys were not just coded to different doors but they matched the colours in the keyring. Notice the word HAD. Every time I used them, I smiled.

Yesterday I took misc. glass to the Place du La Republique where locals can recycle glass, plastic, paper. 


 As always I used my wonderful rainbow shopping basket to carry what I was throwing away.
  
Because it is easier to dig my keys out of the basket than my pocketbook/purse/handbag (the choice is yours Rick) I threw them in the basket.




I was merrily throwing away bottles and I reached for the chipped glass and tossed that in too.

Merde…

As my hand let go of the glass, I realized that my keys were in it. I could hear the glass break at the bottom of the beige container.


Fortunately a friend has copies now marked with a Rolls Royce Ribbon thanks to my fiancé so I didn’t have to wait for him to return from Paris to get into my house.

When I talked to Rick about it on Skype, he smiled. We both do dumb things like this so we both are secure we will never put down the other for such actions.  He knows he just built up a solid dumb things allowance on his side.

The keys have been replaced for my flat here, but I will still need those I carry for a friend to her front door and the gate and door keys for Geneva.

Besides not liking doing dumb things, I will miss the butterfly key holder and the matching keys because it was just so pretty to look at each time I had to unlock a door. Although the new keys are colour-coded and a pretty blue...they just aren't the same. Sighhhh...


Price of being dumb, dumb, dumb.




No comments: