Friday, June 07, 2013

Directions


business,businessmen,choices,compasses,decisions,directions,figurines,metaphors,navigation

Anyone who knows me, knows that my sense of direction is horrible at best, which makes today a bit unusual and as my daughter said, almost unbelievable.

While waiting for a bus, a woman asked where the hospital was. She had gotten off at the right stop but instead of walking toward the lake was almost at the French border. She got on the bus with me and I pointed the stop. I've never been at that hospital, but people have told me it is there. And the bus announces the hospital at the stop.

Leaving the ticket office after buying my daughter's train ticket for the commitment ceremony a man approached me in very bad French. He was Italian and needed the TPG office. I led him there and nearly missed my bus. I walked him to the train station, pointed at the door and said straight, left, right using hand motions. In the Geneva station, which is under construction, the office probably is still where I said it was.

Then on a later bus, a young girl across the aisle asked if I spoke English. The Asian woman next to her spoke no French but wanted to go to Cologny. She'd gotten on the bus to Collonge. I showed her where to get off the bus, cross the street, go back to Rive and which letter bus to take.

Have I redeemed myself for all the times I've been lost? 

Probably not. Bus I was still chuffed to have helped and to show all my friends who believe I can't find the way to the bathroom from my bedroom, there may be hope after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ӏ’m not surе if this iѕ a formаt issue or ѕomethіng to do ωith web brоωsеr compatіbility but І
thought I’d poѕt to let yоu know.

Τhе design and stуle loοk great though!

Ηope yоu get thе іssue reѕolved soon.



Here is my blog post the greenhouse effect

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this very good read!
! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.
I have you book-marked to look at new things you post…

Feel free to surf to my web-site - gardening (buckswagon.com)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this pіeсe of ωriting
is fastidiοus, my younger sister is analyzing ѕuch
things, thеrefore I am going to inform her.


Herе is my ωebpagе what does going green mean