Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We're back with our flash fiction

My free writing friend and I had missed many too many sessions. She just wasn't on line at our appointed time. That wasn't like her. Then I got an explanation.

Her cats in playing had disconnected the Internet. 

 animals,antiques,arts,butterflies,cats,chromolithographs,flowers,iCLIPART,illustrations,ivies,kittens,lithographs,nostalgia,nostalgic,pets,quaint,retros,victorian,vintages

Mowgli and Boubou, are not the cats in the picture: her cats are even cuter.

We free write two ways.

One: When I'm in Argelès we meet at La Noisette and depending on the weather sit outside or in, drink hot chocolate or some cold drink. Originally, we'd spy a person and then write for ten minutes using the person as a trigger. Sometimes what we imagined was very similar. One time we even gave the character the same name. Other times a person reading both pieces would never see the connection.

Two: When I'm in Geneva and more and more in Argelès, we open a book and select a line.

Either way, days I do the free write, I can get into my own writing a better. I do post the exercises on http://flashfictionexercises.blogspot.ch/ as a reminder of what I've done.

Our next section will be Thursday night. That is if the cats behave.

No comments: