Monday, April 15, 2013

Staying young



Whenever I say I'm retired my daughter rolls her eyes and laughs.

Between writing my novels and running www.cunewswire.com with my partner where we produce 48 credit union newsletters a year of 30 to 50 articles each, maybe retired isn't quite the right word.

One of the things I didn't want to do was to become one of those old foggies who didn't keep up with what was going on in the world. Besides really believing in the co-operative and credit union movements and feeling I'm contributing, I certainly find myself learning things and doing things I wouldn't otherwise.

Today, was one of those chances. I just gave my first webinar--on working with the press. Content didn't bother me. Making a Power Point presentation didn't bother me, but the technology did give me a moment to pause. It was new for my partner, but between us we worked it out.

The reviews are in and my audience rated me "excellent" brag, brag, brag.

Now both my partner and I are wondering if we can use webinars for writing and photography courses or do other webinars for the newsletter.

Old foggydom will have to wait a little while longer.


No comments: