Friday, April 19, 2013

Ouch

Spice and herbs are supposed to be good for your health such as

  • Sage for memory
  • Cinnamon manages blood sugar levels, and lower cholesterol.
  • Turmeric for cancer, asthma, arthritis
  • Parsley bad breath
  • Oregano anti bacterial
  • Garlic antibacterial (and anti vampire)

I love spices and herbs for my cooking, but I don't cook enough Indian food (although I do some and it pales in comparison to what my Indian friends make) so in the mornings I usually take a small quantity of turmeric. Does it help my asthma? I don't know but I feel as if I'm doing something other than complaining.

This is our spice draw with two small containers of turmeric. To the left you see red pepper. Yesterday the red pepper was where one of the turmeric jars was. I didn't read the label.

Good thing there was a glass of water handy. And now the red pepper is to one side.




No comments: