Thursday, January 17, 2013

The mundane hasn't got to be

Granted it is no fun to be robbed. It is less fun to have to replace locks. However, one of the reasons I love my life in Geneva that things that the mundane and the-not-so-nice can be made fun.

Sent to me, number 1 and 2 sons and No. 2 son's girlfriend upon the creation of a new lock and key for the damaged front door.

Object : To all writers and wanna-be writers

Or even those who could care less...

Attached is a precious object: to recuperate one, you need to write me something witty!

Enjoy

Can you believe - at this moment I am the ONLY one to be able to enter 15, chemin du Port! I am the Queen of the pile, the Princess of the Pea.

Roomie, Friend, Mom


I wanted a key so I answered with a haiku
Key, donkey, monkey
keyhole, key message, lost keys
Can I have one please?????
It worked because housemate answered with

A house on a road, 
A door in the house 
A keyhole in the door 

I am in generous mode 
You are better than a mouse 
Yes, you may, have a key to the door


Robert Frost, Wadsworth, Longfellow may not be worrying about their reputations in poet heaven from our attempts, but as I put the new key on my keyring, it was a lot more fun that someone saying.."and here's your new key."

The others haven't "earned" their keys yet. 

No comments: