Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reactions



Red roseI love the bank where my business account is. There is one teller, a heavy-set woman with a huge smile. She has her nails done in designs, and today's were miniature roses.

We always exchange more than greetings, and when I told her I was engaged, her smile made the indoor lighting unnecessary.

Interestingly enough I had the same reaction from many at the Geneva Writers Group. Disbelief, more because of the fact that I was so happily single, then who-would-want-her reactions.

Some women have said I give them hope where I assume they mean they too might day find their soul mate. I may be generous, but I've no desired to share mine since it took us so many decades to come together.

If my happiness makes others happy, that's just another plus.

No comments: