Sunday, January 27, 2013

Down with A companies

Amazon and American Express.

I wanted to order the Wizard of Oz from Amazon UK. I used my American Express.

A message came back that the card was declined.

Two days later I get my AMex bill by email showing the charge for the Wizard of Oz.

I write Amazon. They say they have no record of me under the email I gave them, the same email I've used for all my orders in the UK and the US for over a decade.

I answer. After all if they are trying to solve a problem, there should be someone to pick up the customer's response right?

Wrong!

I get an automatic reply telling me where to click next.

I click and fill in the form.

They say they have no record of any contact with me at all.

A stands for other words as well A--h--e

Fill in the blanks. Or maybe it is me for trying to do business with them. Meanwhile I've printed out the email saying that the American Express charge was declined by Amazon and mailed it with my AMex bill.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments: