Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day to day observations in my country

 
Amadeus, Mika and Albert would have loved this new puppy park across from the apartment complex where we once lived before they went to the great dog biscuit factory in the sky, Japanese chin department. There were two other puppy parks but then, but not as large. I might have worried about Mika slipping out through the wire, though.




Finding this photo makes me want to rush out and get a new chin. Think walks at 22:30 in the rain. Think dog on train with suitcase and computer. Think unhappy Munchkin.
Think, think, think.
Don't do it!
Don't do it!





I never saw a purple cow
I never hope to see one
I'd rather see a purple cow
than be one

An old boyfriend gave me a photo of a purple cow and a variation of the poem. Who would have thought I'd end up living in cowland. This animated Milka cow is in the chocolate department (yes there are major chocolate departments in department stores in Switzerland along with toys, clothes, household appliances--all necessities) seems to now be a mother.

Marro, the restaurant at the next village where we eat several times a week is under new ownership. The chef stayed the same but the grumpy owner has been replaced by an absentee owner and a charming, young Italian manager. Besides repainting and other cosmetic changes, they have introduced this table full of colouring books and coloured pencils for their junior clients. I wonder if they would let us adults colour while we waited for our meal. Yesterday the menu du jour was a wonderful lamb. Today it is a pasta with tuna and capres.



No comments: