Thursday, March 29, 2012

Years ago when the Bug was first in the US, it did not have a gas gauge. When one ran out of gas, there was a lever on the floor and the driver moved it and there was one more gallon. It was told that when a man bought the VW bug and kept bragging about mileage. Part of the reason, was that the prankster neighbour would fill up the bug with gas every night. This went on for several weeks. Then one night the neighbour drained the tank much to the surprise of the owner.
Why this story? One of the few things I haven't Europized myself with is my toothpaste. I love Crest's original formula: the taste, the colour, the memories. It doesn't help that it is hard to get. I sometimes ask people coming from the States to bring it as a thank you gift. At the moment I have extra tubes in both Geneva and Argelès. However, in the beginning of January, I thought my old tube was almost empty. I kept pressing and pressing. It is like the VW Bug, it still isn't empty. However, I doubt any neighbour is sneaking in and putting more toothpaste in my tube.

No comments: