Monday, February 27, 2012

Our OCD Postman strikes again

Switzerland has priority and non priority stamps.

I had a letter to go to the Mairie. Since the office was closed, I decided to mail it, deciding to buy the cheaper non priority stamp.

I had thought of dropping it into the Mairie's postal box C which is only a couple of rows from my postal box 16, but I knew it would upset our OCD postmaster.

He put the stamp on the letter. "It will be delivered Wednesday," he said.

Box 3 was no more than 40 steps from the window where we were both standing. "But their box is across the room," I said.

"He pointed to two boxes. One is A, one is for B," he said. "I will send out the B tomorrow, which means I'll put it in the their box Wednesday morning."

I knew it was useless to say anything more. It wasn't important.

No comments: