Friday, January 06, 2012

YUM




La Noisette, the tea room, that I consider merely an extension of my studio.



Sophie and Laurent, owners of La Noisette, have added all these teas. I intend to sample each one.



I'm so glad I saw Chef Thibault at La Noisette this morning to ask him about his menu du jour. He and his wife Stephanie will be on a well-earned and then some holiday for the next two weeks. Once he told me, there was no way not to have lunch there. The meal?

Amuse bouche: demitasse of pumpkin soup with a cream design on the top

Entre: A plate of chacuterie (serono ham, home made pate, chirizo) and salad.

Main course: Grilled salmon in a red wine/butter sauce, risotto with tiny pieces of leek and carrot, lamb's foot mushrooms.

Desert: pear poached in banyuls with vanilla ice cream, hot chocolate sauce with whipped cream with a hint of rose.

Wine: rosé

Total cost: 18 Euros. What a lovely young couple own this place, a few steps from my front door. Almost all the products are local: Honey from the local beeman, fish from the local poisonerie, veggies and fruits from our green grocers, usually from local farms, mushroom from the nearby mountains.

Their daughter Margo, is in love with the green grocer who takes her out of her carriage and holding her hands walks her up and down the street. Both faces light up when they see each other.

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

You have no idea how much I wish I could meet you for lunch next Tuesday. I miss Argeles! Part of me will always be there.