Monday, September 05, 2011

It seemed so simple

My housemate and I sat out for the UBS in a nearby village, a picturesque ride though the fall-lush Swiss countryside with a view of the lake and the mountains. We passed a château or two and just as we approached the bank I asked, "Did you bring what you wanted to put in the safe?"

A funny look crossed her face and without saying a word, she turned the car back towards home.

I could have made fun of her, but I didn't.

Once again we made the same drive, a picturesque ride though the fall-lush Swiss countryside with a view of the lake and the mountains. We passed a château or two. This time we made it into the parking lot for UBS and I as reached for my wallet with my bankcard to withdraw funds I uttered an "Oh, oh?"

"You don't have your wallet?" My housemate asked.

I shook my head.

We both laughed. No recriminations. We just chalked it up to a memory to be giggled over sometime in the future.

No comments: