Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Panic

I went to the bank to pick up my new checkbook.

"You have to see a counselor," the teller told me.

Panic, panic, panic. I had changed the nationality on my account to Swiss, but my Winchester MA birthplace hadn't changed. Would it be like in Switzerland and many other countries because of the new US legislation many banks are refusing to do business with Americans? I thought I would plead the usual, that I've an appointment to renounce my nationality in 2013, the earliest I could get and beg to keep the account open.

M. Clerc told we could speak English. His mother was an English teacher and he loves using it.

The problem was the money transfer to pay for the flat I bought last year. They needed a bit more paperwork to prove it wasn't money laundering.

I happily signed with a sigh of relief.

No comments: