Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lovely lunch until

It had been a lovely lunch at Le Cottage, the restaurant in a small park overlooking the lake.

I was brainstorming with two writers. The food was excellent.

Then the owner came over and mentioned to the man, that there might be aproblem. The client behind him had been known to be a pickpocket. Sure enough, although the man's wallet was three: His money was gone.

These things happen, but what was upsetting the restaurant knew the pickpocket was trouble yet served him anyway.

She did not warn her other client in time.

She made no offer to apologize nor did she offer to pickup the cost of his lunch.

She couldn't stop smiling.

The food and ambiance at restaurant is wonderful. The owner IS NOT!

2 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

How crude. How can the business expect
to stay in business and not service every customer.
The pickpocket should have been asked to leave! He may not have been because he was well known or someone of importance, in some way.

I worked for a brief time in my teens in a dining room. A tennis pro would come in and read the paper with his coffee. He also had a habit of exposing himself to the young girls working there.
When it happened to me, I was upset and went to the manager, a woman and she said he's a tennis pro and would not do such a thing. Others complained to her as well.
I quit the job and I'm assuming the behavior continued.
Disgusting.
Thanks for sharing.
Barb

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Check out my new blog post
at www.barbwhitti.blogspot.com
Writing: the ups and downs.