Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Beauty and loss




I chose a walk not just because it was a beautiful day, but because I could put off a phone call I didn't want to make. Sadly it is not a single phone call but one that I do so regularly that the sadness multiplies each time as I answer the same questions, repeat the same information and try to break through the ever deepening fog to the person whom I'm losing even though she is still there.

As I crossed the street, the sun shown on the stone wall and the moss moved ever so slightly in the breeze, a reminder that even in sadness there is a moment where one can see beauty.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Beautiful post, DL. Leaves a lot of questions but love the quote that even in sadness one can still see beauty. As long as we can continue to see the beauty our lives are worth living, well.
Blessings, Barb