Sunday, January 02, 2011

Fin des fêtes

Blahs have hit...

Since riding back from Argelès with Jackie and Pierre in early November, it has been one exciting thing after another, the Wikileaks press conference, my daughter being here, two mini and one major Christmas celebration, the trip to Germany, fois gras, salmon, shrimp, champagne and a great Christmas dinner followed by a Boxing Day brunch.

It was careening from one exciting thing to another.

And now reality has struck. I need to settle down to writing. It is grey outside. The Jura have been in hiding for several days (maybe they went south for the winter).

A message from a friend was a bit of cheer as I pack to move South for January where maybe there will be blue sky.

I am not asking for sympathy. Nor do I feel sorry for myself, although I will allow myself a wallow for the next 28 minutes until lunch time.

Life is still good, but a bit of blah makes the highs more enjoyable.

No comments: