Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Drugs helped me smell the new grass




I opened my new 60-tablet prescription that keeps E. Sophie Gus under control to discover there were only 30 in tablets in the package. I caught the bus to the next village grumbling this was NOT what I wanted to do this morning. As I always do I mentally ran over my French, making sure my verbs and genders were ok in my head to make sure I would be as clear and correct as possible.

No problem with the language. The pharmacist happily replaced the box.

I decided to walk back home despite the wind. The sky was blue, the mountains and lake gleaming, the vineyards are pushing up their vines and then I smelled the first fresh cut grass of the season, a seasonal variation of stopping to smell the roses.

And I gratefully owe the experience all to drugs...