Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Reading


http://www.hotel-templiers.com/gb/sommaire.htm Les Templiers, is a restaurant in Collioure, with paintings lining the walls, some from impressionists who had no money to pay for meals, or so the legend goes.

Last night I got a chance to read from my novels to a lovely mixed-language group, but I also got a chance to wear the T-Shirt my daughter gave me for Christmas. In case you can't read it from the too dark photo, it says, "Be careful for I'll put you in my next novel."

Maybe Llara thinks that because in The Card, there is a smart mouthed blond teenager, and she was once a smart mouthed blond teenager.

Or should I stay smart fingered? There was the time back on The Riverway in Boston and I was busy writing. Finally, I was ready to get my hero and heroine into bed after constant delays.

The phone rang.

I answered it. When I came back, I found on the computer screen, the smart-fingered blond teenager had added the line "Not tonight dear, I have a headache."

Fortunately no headache at the reading.

No comments: