Thursday, January 14, 2010

My mecca

A DYI fanatic friend used to kid his mecca was Home Depot. As a news junkie that checks news sources all over the world, I have now been to my mecca, a place I wanted to visit since it opened--Washington D.C:'s Newseum. www.newseum.org/

In every gallery there were volunteers to give in-depth information. Thus I did not miss the highlights, although one could spend months there and not see it all.

Highlights...

A 1500 newspaper which was in paperback book format.

The newspaper reporting on the coronation of James I in England in 1603.

Tom Paine's case where he held his writings.

Papers showing the hunt for Lincoln's killer.

I was taken into the studio where ABC broadcasts its Sunday interview show. The TV cameras have come a long way since I took television production courses in grad school.

Even the women's rooms were interesting with tiles with double-meaning headlines.

Even comedy news such as Jon Stewart and Jay Leno monologues were shown a stark contrast to the bullet-ridden news truck from the Iraq war.

Walking through the galleries, let me relive history and gave credence to the words on one of the walls..."News is history's first draft."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]