Friday, September 18, 2009


When I left Argelès in July, I did not leave it neurotically neat as I usually do. In fact, not only had I not bothered to clean, I dumped all my shoes on the floor.

The reason?

To force me to do my fall cleaning immediately when I returned.


Wouldn't you know? A charming young couple, to whom I had offered the place a while before took me up on the offer. I warned them about the condition, hoping they wouldn't think that this was the way I lived normally.

When I returned after my stay in Geneva, and walked up the stairs, I saw their arrangement of my shoes in a perfect circle with a lovely gift in the middle. (not to mention helping me get rid of a manifestation of moths that seem to be plaguing the village.)

Thanks, J&K, you're wonderful. I definitely got the better of the deal.

No comments: