Monday, September 28, 2009

Knights and Dishes or a Hodgebodge Blog

















The two subjects don't have a lot to do with each other, but since they were things I've thought about in the last 24 hours I'm putting them in the same blog.

The Patrinomy Festival is over. For the past week, people in medieval costumes have been wandering around the village playing music, jousting, putting on plays, serving food, etc. There was a special Musical mass and other fun. At this time of year, the celebration is more for residence than tourists who have gone back to Paris, London, Dusseldorf and Amsterdam, etc.


Passing the antique shop this morning, I noticed a new set of dishes. I love dishes. In my imaginary farm house I change my dishes weekly and set beautiful tables (after all since it is imaginary, cost is unimportant). However with antique dishes, I wonder who ate off them, what was discussed as someone cut into a slice of beef. What was the favourite meal of the family who used the dishes. Did the kids squabble about whose turn it was to wash or did a servant do it?

I'll never know and I know it is time to stop writing the blog and get back to my newsletter. Still I glance over at my own dish set, bought at factory outlet in Maine some 22 years ago and shipped over to my apartment. I've always loved the pattern and I know what meals have been served, the good conversations with guests, or the quiet suppers on a tray in front of the telly.
Someday, maybe someone will wonder who ate off these dishes.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curiously, and the analogue is?

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what words..., a magnificent idea

Anonymous said...

There is something similar?

Anonymous said...

Privat Amateure

Gratis Erotik Chat

Amateur Sex

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, your idea is very good


There is a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you Hot Health

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros were about 220 dollars on every page. But finally I found this area selling them for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for that exact make. The prices as regards the boots were all over 210 bucks on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?