Friday, June 05, 2009

The singing iron

Okay my iron is 17 years old. It has moved from Geneva to Argeles. It has been treated with respect and not overworked.

I am wondering why it is singing. When I set it upright after it bravely has removed a wrinkle or two, it makes a singing/whistle noise.

Since it still does it job well, I don't think it is a death song. Maybe it just likes to whistle because it is happy with its new spacious place under my sink now that GiGi has installed shelves.

Unfortunately it is a Johnny One Note singing iron... There are no words to explain why it has decided after all these years to break into song, but it has.

Does it want to try out for Star Ac, the French answer to Britain's Got Talent.

All I know is that:

Elle chante, elle chante.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd be scared that it's getting ready to explode or something. Yikes!