Saturday, June 06, 2009

I was head butted by a baby camel


Yes, I am still in Argelès and I had to run an errand yesterday and used Barbara's car which was parked by the river, which was waterless as it is most late springs and summers. I caught something hairy out of the corner of my eye. Two camels and a horse were nibbling on the grass.

Then something butted me. It was a baby camel. Unlike the adult camels he was not tethered, probably on the assumption the baby would not stray far from his mom. So much for that theory as the baby camel wandered among the cars parked at the edge of the river.
I thought of my sheep herding diploma languishing in Genève but there were no trained dogs around to round up the camel. He quickly lost interest in me to nibble grass. The adult camels were also nibbling away. No one seemed concerned, so I went on my way.
This morning I have not seen any bulletins for missing camels, so I assume the baby checked in with his mother.
Sorta reminds me of having teenagers, who go on mini adventures but then come home again.

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

Camels in the south of France????