Thursday, June 04, 2009

Avoidance

Here is how I've avoided editing the galleys for Family Values so far today. It is 13:42 when I start this blog.



5:30 Woke and watched Paul Krugman on Hardtalk.

6:00-7:30 Read detective story in bed

7:30-8:30 Made bed, showered, watched Telemartin, had breakfast (mutli grain fruit pancakes.)

8:30-9:00 Washed down the front door and two blue pots outside. They were still covered with sand blown up from the Sahara. Even washed the two garbage bins that make even our flown-bedecked street less pretty. Planted some pink flowers. Don't know what kind, ^just know they are pink and pretty.

9:00-10:00 Took new cobalt blue mini computer to Franck's for morning tea...the computer didn't want the tea. I did. Mike wanted to see it, the computer. We were eventually joined by Yetta, Morgans, Pascal, Roy and Daphne. Was teased that my mini lap top is now colour pleasant with both Argeles and Geneva. So far I have talked with six nationalities.

10:00 Went to see Daniel to arrange for him to come to install software for printer on said cobalt blue mini laptop. Exchanged news of village.

10:15-10:20 Bought lentils, spinach, garlic, ginger, etc. at Elisabeth's for making dahl for lunch. Chatted with young man who is starting to work for her for the season. Chatted with her on village news.

10:20-10:45 Stop at Franck's again. Chris has returned and is drinking coffee. Showed him the Geo Magazine which features a photo of the trompe d'oeil of his house. The caption claims it is true Catalan. I guess they didn't know he is a London theatre set designer.

10:45-10:53 Drop copy off at Rosella, the potter, so she can see Chris's house in Geo. Leave magazine so she can read about North and South Catalonia, the main subject of the magazine.

10:54-11:45 Amble to the house I once owned. Gertrude and Froed are in residence. We discuss her latest film and NGO projects, elderly mothers, writing and make plans to get together next week.

11:45-12:05 Head home (I've not really gone more than four blocks in all this time). Chat with neighbor Christine, a retired school teacher from Lyon, about the merits of living alone or with people. We discuss the neighbour's suicide, the motor cylcles that make too much noise and the cascade of flowers that hang in tank-size clumps of orange, purple and pink making arches across the narrow road.

12:05-13:42 Make dahl, listen to Obama's speech, turn on computer. Try and think of another delay. I know. Some things need to go to the charity shop (also within the same four block area.)

I will get to those galleys...yes I will...I will, I mean it...I will

No comments: