Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebration

Although I don't usually complain (except to myself) for the past 18 months a compressed disk in my back has left me in degrees of pain from discomfort to Oh-my- God-I-can-barely-move. Complaining bores others, bores me and reminds me of the problem. I've been told that surgery has less than a 50% chance of improving it. So I pretend it isn't there.

Yesterday was a more uncomfortable day than usual. I concentrated on finishing editing the Galleys to Murder at Caleb's Landing, making fool (a Syrian bean dish for lunch) and treating myself to a call to Mighty Mom. I was wondering what it would be like to feel normal again.

This morning I woke and something didn't feel right. No pain. Nothing. Rien. Nada.
It took me a few minutes to be aware of what was right...

I don't know how long it will last, but it is a cause for celebration. Not only that today is my Coke day, so off to Marro with Julia of the twenty pages, a good lunch and a Coke.

Life does not get better than this.

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

You spoke in person to your e-physio and said nothing about your sore back???? Have you ever read, Treat Your Own Back by Dr. Robert McKenzie. I've been trained in his method which is nothing short of fantastic. If you don't have it, let me know and I'll send you one. It's not the same as having an in-the-flesh physiotherapist, but it's definitely worth reading.