Monday, March 09, 2009

Meet Envie


Pronounced ON-VIE, an eight-week old Jack Russell that I met as I meandered along the river. NO, SHE IS NOT MINE!!!
Admitedly this is about the 15th shot of her, but the only one of a complete puppy. The rest are of her ears, shoulder, tail, side as she ran from one discovery to another...a ball of mud with grass that could be tossed in the air, a blade of grass that moved, a leaf that blew by. And we can't forget a stone.
Of course, she'll never replace in my heart my favourite Jack Russell, Phoenix, owned by a former colleague. I've doggy sat for him but not recently.
Phoenix is one bright dog. When on a walk, and he's had enough he'll plunk himself down in front of a bus stop. And if you give him his choice he just may lead you to MacDos or the doggie toy store. Once right after coming back from a holiday in France, he decided to lead his owner to the train station and directly to the quai for French trains.
While I was still working, Phoenix sometimes visited at lunch. My team and I kept tennis balls (he knew where they were) and we would break our routine for a quick game of catch.
Envie has an mistress that loves her and understands that Jack Russells need lots of attention and exercise.
As for the name, it means envy and I will admit falling prey to a bit of envy of having a puppy...but when the Tramantane was blowing last night and I didn't have to make myriad trips outside to train a puppy, the envy went down to the memory of the pleasure of sharing other peoples' pets.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

I had a similar experience today, only over a neighbour's 8-week-old dalmatian. Better my heart be a puddle than have one in this appartment!

Bruce davidson said...

Where are the other shots of Envie. Marnie will flip. She loves our Jack and loves the memory of him as a pup.