Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I've changed my name

I didn't intend to and in fact it was only others that made me aware of it.

Every person, and I mean EVERY PERSON (that I know) I've seen for the first time down here no longer says Bonjour DL, Hello Donna-Lane. The first words out of their mouth are "Isn't it wonderful about Obama." I also have a nickname "Aren't you thrilled about Obama," which is short for Aren't you as thrilled about Obama as we are."
This morning at the marché it happened with 1 Swede, two English, two French and a German.
Only after the greeting and them expressing how thrilled, relieved (put in any positive word here) do the two cheek kisses start and we start catching up with our personal stuff. My American friends report the same phenomena so we now all have new names.
I wonder if I could be called Iiwao for short?

No comments: