Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A bad weather kinda gal


I am not in Corsier, but my housemate sent me this photo of the dock a few minutes walk from the house. I've been known to sit and read on the bench. Obviously, not when snow covers them.
I love bad weather and she and I emailed back and forth about our attitudes. She grew up in a warm clime and is less enthsiastic than I am with my New England roots. I remember snow days, hot chocolate, donuts and snuggling under the covers, story logs and puzzles. However, I am also eight hours south. Meanwhile as I type this, although we don't have snow,
However we both agree that any bad weather is better inside. And I assume if I were there or she was here, there might be a DVD on, perhaps nibbling some shrimp and maybe sipping champagne...
On the other hand instead of being dark at 17:00 it is still light almost till 18:15 and spring is closer bringing with it a whole set of other pleasures.

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

I love the colours in the photo.