Thursday, January 29, 2009

ZUT ALORS




Today was my Coca-Cola day, the one day a month I allow myself a Coke, be damned E. Sophie Gus, get ready to swallow. A great deal of planning goes into this day...which restaurant will I go to? If I'm in Geneva it could be Manora, Mikado, Marionner, Manana, or others, some of which don't start with the letter M. However, I'm in Argelès.

I decided today I would go junk food all the way. McDo here I come for a Big Mac, Fries, and a giant Coke without ice.

The McDo is outside the village, about a 20-30 minute walk, which would also justify the extra calories. Certainly too close to justify driving...

Just as I arrived at the door THE MANAGER LOCKED IT.

Zut Alors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had their electricity cut, still a common occurence after our hurricane 2 force storm over the weekend.

Decision time. I could wait in the chance the cut would be short but then I would be too late to eat at the village restaurants OR I could walk back and find another place.

I ended up at Les Flowers in the village about ten minutes before they stopped taking customers with a grilled magret de canard in a Banyuls, and small rondels of potato gratin, spinach, fennel, brocoli, tomatoes and an onion-cabbage compote. hmmm mmm. So good, I almost, but not quite, forgot to drink my monthly Coke.



Don't cry for me Coca-Cola...

The truth is, I never left you...

All through my wild days

My mad existence

I kept my promise

You kept your distance

I had to let it happen, I had to change

Couldn't stay all my life down at heel

Looking into your window,

out there in the sun

McDo was an illusion

Not the solution it promised to be

The answer was here all the time

I love you Flowers, and hope you love me



1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

How did I miss this post? Hilarious!