Monday, December 01, 2008

A fin


Finally, the last document stolen in Barcelona has been replaced: my driver's license in time for my trip to D.C. so I can drive my daughter's car with the family 49T plate, a family tradition.
Trips to the MA DMV were usually fraught with frustration because of the grouchiness of the clerks, probably decreed from above THOU SHALL NOT SMILE. The Geneva clerks have no such rule and are downright pleasant. Holy Shmoly. This chore was fun, accompanied by my housemate who was replacing her old blue paper one with the credit card size modern one. There was a stop for her eye appointment which absolutely meant we HAD to eat breakfast at a cute café.
But then again, so much of our daily lives are fun. Last night as I was catching up on news on my computer, she launched a chocolate safari for missing syrup for a late night sundae, her son was filming a birth to life sequence in the bathroom for one of his art classes, the latest toilet paper decoration was in the bathroom (we are trying to think of different ways to leave the toilet paper in amusing designs--don't ask) and the cat was stomping around just because she could. Not that any of this is special, but it makes life lively and ordinary chores worth doing.

3 comments:

Bruce Davidson said...

MA RMV has gotten a bit friendlier and much more personal process friendly. Still ranks below dentist and colonoscopy. When are you going to DC? I may be going to Delaware to help brother Mike build a walkway at his home. Vectors crossing? Love, Son of Bob 11/23/02. 6 years gone, worked in the cold outside all that weekend getting the house and grounds ready for Winter to remember him, what he would have done. Love Bruce and Marnie

Unknown said...

Actually after dealing with California DMV, MA DMV didn't faze me at all. Of course, since I lived in Milton, I went to the Quincy branch so perhaps it was better than the city branches.

Anonymous said...

With a special thought for Bruce Davidson....as I just drank the preparation for a colonoscopy I would beg to differ! But then again I don't know the MA RMV obviously.