Sunday, October 05, 2008

Stand up

I was awakened at 5:30 a.m. by a purring radiator, having slept almost double my normal sleep.
Yesterday had been a Yeah-boo day.
Frustrated by a sick computer and rushing to get a newsletter to my clients before I take off on a short holiday, nothing was going right.
"Stand up and turn around," my housemate, tired of my moaning, ordered.
I did.
"Now take deep breaths."
I did.
"Turn back and look out the window."
The sun played among the dancing leaves and the sky's blue was brilliant.
"You can go back to work now."
Somehow the quick lesson, carried over to the computer who behaved, the internet worked faster and the newsletter flew to its recipients.
I decided to help rake the leaves, and the same pretty leaves I raved about the day before seem to maliously fall off the trees ONLY in the areas I'd just raked.
Then came the best part of the day, the birthday apero for the young man of the house. No crisps or pistachio nuts, this time, but fois gras with moreille, gambas, brie with truffles, and thinly sliced fresh figs. Even a forbidden chocolate birthday brownie...Hmmmm...along with good conversation.
All in all yesterday had loud YEAHs and small boos.
The purr machine moved from the radiator to my chest. Her body felt warm, and her cold nose touched my hand. She continued to purr and I felt totally at peace with my world.

No comments: