Friday, August 15, 2008

A new kind of flush


When my daughter was little, we used to eat out a lot. Making dinner after work often took too much energy. Sometimes she was bored, despite the books and/or colouring stuff we brought with us, and alleviated the boredom by going to the ladies room. In fact she probably could have written A Children’s Guide To Ladies Rooms in Restaurants in the Greater Boston Area.

When I went to Europe and she stayed home, I suggested we both keep diaries and then compare them when we get back.
Mine included all the different kinds of flushing mechanisms I saw during my trip (several pages).

Today when I was having my bone scan (no osteoporosis), I used the toilet on the way out. I didn’t get the knickname Bitty Bladder for nothing. I couldn’t find the usual flush device. Turns out it is the two black bars that I thought were decoration. The left is for light flush, the right for a hard flush.
Although my daughter is now an adult and spends less time in ladies rooms than I do, this column is for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And your daughter aprreciates it