Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Down with Pundits




I woke this morning having slept through Clinton's speech, which I had wanted to hear. In fact, I had fallen asleep a little before midnight and didn't budge, not even for a potty trip until 7:43, at least an hour before my normal waking.

The night before I was up almost all night listening to the Democratic Convention or rather I spent more time listening to the pundits TALK about their opinion of what was going on yet not ONE WORD about the demonstrations going on outside, not one word about the police NOT wearing identification names as is required, NOT one word about the harrassment of the citizen journalists who have formed as a group to film abuse against demonstrators... what was that thing in The Constitution about free speech???? Free to be rounded up, free to never meet the mass media or enter your ideas into the public dialogue.

I wish the news stations spent more time SHOWING what is going on and less time TELLING us what is going on. Interesting while US pundits are talking about Hillary voters going to McCain, Al Jazerra is interviewing Hillary supporters who are saying that the issues are more important than the people... Making news or making up news????

Frustrated...an understatement. Today I will head to Rennes-le-Château for the umpty umpth time, this time taking photos to round out a novel where I have included it but have yet to add the colour. Michel and May will make better company than Wolf Blitzer.

No comments: