Thursday, August 28, 2008

August no buy


I thought I would make it through August without buying anything. Even in Iceland, I bought nothing for myself, but did get Christmas gifts, but gifts were never included in the no-buy rules.
Then at the end of the month I blew it.
I went into a store in Rennes-le-château that had hand blown glass, and I found a glass pen. I would have resisted, but M. who was with me, tried it. I had to try it and it writes better than any pen I ever used.
So it does meet all three of my criteria for buying something.
1. It is useful.
2. It is beautiful.
3. It has a memory with it.
Naturally, I will not be able to tuck it into my pen case, but I can leave it in Argeles to be brought down when I handwrite notes, cheques, shopping lists.
I can do a half a page on one dip.
No regrets.

No comments: