Monday, July 07, 2008

My Paris

I don't like the traditional shots of Paris. And although seeing the Camille Claudel exhibition and revisiting my favourites works of hers like La Vague and the Gossips, is wonderful, it is the side streets, the flower boxes, the iron works, a carving in an unusual place, that makes Paris magic for me. A view of Paris from the roof top of a friend's apartment building.
The publicity in the Paris metro has always been interesting. I also noticed there are new seats in this station.


My favorite part of Paris will always be Le Marais.



A picnic at Tuilleries while watching children play. One little girl sat to the side and slowly made her way over to join the others not sure if she would be accepted, but she was.


The hallway of the Olympia is filled with posters of people I would love to see perform there, especially Florent Pagny singing Brel.

No comments: