Monday, July 21, 2008

Creativity Strike Geneva







As much as I love Switzerland and am really proud that it is my country, I have never thought of it as a creative place. It is, overall a society, that does not encourages individuals to stand out. Thus when I see something like how they have painted all the public electricity boxes with original works showing scenes from the neighbourhoods where they stand, I am thrilled. A red passport does not make me want to suppress my own creativity either, but somehow in this country, I was able to find my voice as a writer.

erl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You probably don't remember me, but 12 years ago, I helped Llara move to Geneva from Mannheim (I knew her through a common friend and fellow student there, Uschi Eyrich). After googling a few folks from my Mannheim days (including Llara), I came upon a prior posting of yours that stated she was now in VA, outside of Washington, DC. I happen to be there as well (in Alexandria, VA), and would love to catch up with her at some point. I realize it's a bit bizarre after all this time, but can you pass her my contact info (or if you and she don't mind, drop me a line with her contact info - either way works)?:
Josh Cook
josh7473@msn.com
703-625-6723
Thanks, and hope life is treating you (and Llara) well!
-Josh