Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Voting with my pocketbook



It is no secret that I love the co-operative model for business. Credit unions are better than banks, etc. The most productive region in Europe with the least social unrest and the least variation between rich and poor is Emiglia. There are some 8000 co-operatives and two out of three people work for a co-operative. If I have a choice between doing business with a co-op or a capitalistic company, I’ll choose the co-op, because whether we admit it or not, every centime/cent/pence we spend is a political statement.
These photos are from our local wine co-operative, but I’ll buy their wine mainly because I love the paintings on the building…A regular old warehouse can be turned into something beautiful, which is just one more reason to vote with my pocketbook.

No comments: