Sunday, June 01, 2008

Really? June is today?

I am sitting at my computer in jeans and sweatshirt. The red tiles of the roof across the street are glistening. If I shut off the strains of the song Le Temps des Cathedrales from the CD Player, I can hear the rain on my own red tiles. It can patter, tap dance, pound. When it pounds it slathers my windows on each side of my desk and slithers down my skylight.
Yesterday, I spent the morning at La Noisette sitting in the sun with different friends. I had gone out to buy two apples. Although the distance is less than three city blocks I was gone three hours thanks to conversations and the joy of café sitting, but even then I was content to wear a sweater.
The summer clothes I took to Geneva last week stayed in my suitcase.
It feels like March. Still, it is lovely to be in my nest, writing, eating my raspberry/cinnamon/oatmeal pancakes, writing, listening to music and just revelling in the day seasonal or not.

No comments: