Saturday, May 17, 2008

Even if I am a good cook...


some things are not worth doing. I learned and relearned this. Once we put on a great Christmas Eve supper of Chinese food made from scratch. However, considering the labour involved and the cost of the ingredients and the clean up, it would have been cheaper and easier to do take-away for the same results.

The same thing happened with croissants. We rolled the dough and buttered and rolled and buttered and rolled and buttered for an evening. And the smell when they baked the croissants for breakfast was wonderful BUT the taste was only equal to those we bought.

Roast chicken is one of those things. Buying it freshly roasted with the juice, onions and potatoes ladled into the bag makes more sense than roasting it myself. I can still make a great salad and veggies to go with it at the same cost and less effort.

Thus I ordered a chicken for Sunday lunch to feed my cousins…without an ounce of guilt.

No comments: