Thursday, January 10, 2008

Poor Hillary

I am not a big Hillary fan. In fact I am sure I could not vote for her, however since Massachusetts always goes Democrat, that is safe.
I couldn’t support her pro Iraq war vote nor her vote for the Lieberman-Kyl amendment that Bush could use as authorization to attack Iran. Her claim if she knew now, what she knew then she wouldn't have voted for the Iraq war.
She should have asked me, even though I believe the woman is far more intelligent than I am in many areas. Nothing that happened in Iraq was any different than what I said would happen.
However, as far as the media is concerned, they vilified her for being too cold and then they vilify her for showing emotion. She cannot win. And there are some real gender issues on how she is treated as a woman candidate. I will rail against her voting record, her attachment to big business, but these are issues not gender qualities.
Meanwhile, I wish the media would discuss the real issues: our attacks against other countries, our failing infrastructure, the growing inequality, the national debt, etc. but they prefer the bread and circuses of a woman acting like a woman…

No comments: