Friday, January 04, 2008

Foray Number 2


Having survived the long trip to the garbage (see below) yesterday, I decided to rebuild my strength by making a trip into town. The first list of errands, bank, post, library, lunch, which seemed so doable as I snuggled in my bed the night before, seemed more ambitious after a shower and a session of getting my bills ready to pay at the Multimat (the machine that transfers money from my account into any body else’s account in the country making checks totally obsolete).

My housemate and I headed downtown anyway and I was glad she was with me.
Lunch seemed a good resting point and after all these years of being in Geneva and walking by La Taverne de la Madeleine on the Route des Toutes Ames (all souls), I finally got to eat there.

Some say it has been an inn or food serving place for at least 400 years, but the present association has been running it for the last 80 or so. It advertises itself as an alcohol-free restaurant, and has been mentioned in more than one novel. My housemate used to eat there often as girl when she was at a very restrictive boarding school and it was considered a safe place for school monitors to catch you.

We both chose the pumpkin filled ravioli, but I was well aware that my appetite is down and was only able to eat half. Doggy bags aren’t the done thing a thing my hips are happy about.

I paid my bills and the activities were more than enough for my first day back into the world.
Maybe tomorrow I will make the library and post…(or not)

No comments: