Friday, October 05, 2007

LWB 3: Morning glories

I assume these are morning glories, but they refuse to close up at noon and stay open all day. I like their spunkiness, not giving in to what is expected of them. I identify with their being out of sync, because a good part of my life I have been out of sync too.

*It took me seven years to finish university, leaving after the first semester, completing another year, leaving for two years to live in Gemany and then being just ahead of the group of students who came back married.

*I had my first (and only) child when my friends were having their last.

*I was on the early wave of couples of divorced, but not totally. My parents were the true leaders there. I was one of only three children in my school with divorced parents, and the other two were twins.

*I quit the US to build a new life in Europe.

*I retired on the early side and began a new business at an age when most people are heading for the golf course, but I had spent grade school years playing golf.

Maybe whether it is a flower or a human we all have to blossom at our schedule.

No comments: