Sunday, September 30, 2007

Feathers and plumes

Looking at the largest lake in Northern Spain while eating on a terrace in the early fall sun was as much of a feast as the meal. The lake had several shades of blue, the mountains were in the background, the sky was almost royal blue and white birds bobbed on the water.

After the meal we walked along the water's edge and I glanced down to see among the rushes, a white feathers scattered among autumn leaves. It would be possible to recapture the lake, the mountains, the sky in some combination, but never again would I see a collage like this. For several minutes I just watched at the almost imperceptible movement of the water and the contrast of the white against the autumn leaves. And I felt utter joy that I was given this moment in time...

No comments: