Wednesday, July 25, 2007

An idea for a new business

My nickname of Bitty Bladder is well earned both from actual measurements in a very embarrassing session with a very handsome French doctor and my frequent trips to the loo.

The nickname dates back to my Digital days where the one man in our five-person management team reminded us that women would never make top managers until they learned to control their bladders. We reminded him, unlike men, when we were in the ladies room where he couldn’t follow, we didn’t make decisions as male managers did in their bonding golf games and poker nights.

The reduction of Coca-cola intake did reduce drastically the often desperate search for the toilet, but not enough that I am not always aware of the closest facility.

Walking up to the bus from home yesterday, I saw the most wonderful thing. A porta-potty coming to me. Well not really. The driver of the truck was in the cab trying to find out where to deliver the thing.

This made me think of the many times I have been a place that it would be nice to be able to Dial-A-Potty, give my address and within minutes much like an ordered taxi. one would appear on the back of a small truck. The alternative would be to have hundreds circling (in hybrids of course) to be hailed over to the curb for bodily needs.

I did not explain my idea to the driver. He did enough eye-rolls when I asked to take a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just plain wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous1 comment was written at 5.32 PM. but it is now on the blog as posted at 8:32 AM.
Don't let the mysteries of your work times and hours disappear behind a faulty clock!