Friday, March 30, 2007

Geneva gives climate change new meaning

Calvin talked about an unpredictable God. After almost 17 years in this area, I am sure his theory was triggered because the weather is so changeable. Case in point: I left my Cosier Port home and it was a beautiful spring day, slightly on the chilly side, but the lake was calm and beautiful.

I went to the doctor’s in my old commune of Grand Saconnex on the other side of the lake. Still beautiful.

I was in the office less than a half hour. When I opened the door, the skies let loose. The rain looked like not so sheer, sheer curtains. I started for the bus anyway trying to stay under shelter.

Lightning less than one second before the thunder scared me. I know lightning has often struck the area but I made it safely to the bus, but not before being pelted with hail stones.

The Number 3 left Grand Saconnex for Petit Saconnex less than five minutes away. There the ground was snow covered.

Downtown I met my housemate for a movie. When we came out, the temperature had dropped even lower. The weather was clear until we got off the bus to walk to the house. Then the sleet began.

Geneva weather, you gotta love it…or not…

No comments: